Contacting the HelpDesk
Important: The IT Services Help Desk does not provide support for the following areas:
- For assistance with WebAdvisor problems not related to username/password issues, please call 313.845.6403 or email email@example.com.
- For assistance with HFC Online, please contact your instructor or contact the Instructional Technology Department at 313.845.9663 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructional Technology is located in Room 202 on the upper level of the campus library.
Academic Network Support
For assistance with Novell NDS, HawkMail, or CIS Linux, the process to correct this situation is as follows:
- Attempt to resolve the problem using Password Self Service.
- Use the Online Trouble Ticket Form. Submit electronically, or print and fill out the form and give the form to the instructor or lab assistant.
- The problem will then be diagnosed and corrected within 2 business days.
- Notification of the solution will not be sent. The student will simply need to attempt to login with the account name and password sometime after the two business days.
To report hardware problems...
Administrative Network and Phone System Support
For all other support needs on the administrative network or with the phone system please call the IT Services Help Desk.
Normal Support Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Hotline phone number: 313.845.6345
- Instructions: Call the Hotline phone number. You will be asked for:
- your name
- the Computer Number (look for the green sticker)
- a phone number where you can be reached
- an office/room number where the problem is occurring (if applicable)
- detailed description of the problem
- Process: A Trouble Ticket will be created, priority assigned, and the ticket will be assigned to a technician.